Why the graphic novel format? It simplifies my writing, and makes dialogue richer. And oddly i like the format - the script. I didn't expect that. The thing with graphic novels is you have to know WHAT is going to happen next. Ya cannae jist blether fer fourteen pagees.
Language and style is this months project, so initially I've created a character who uses a technology that he doesn't understand. He's an ex-soldier and truth be told I don't know why he's doing the job he's doing this has to be worked out. Anyway, he's now a detective, using this technology to find suspects, to increase the "psychic" resonance between them. Bottom line is he doesn't have to understand the technology, any more than I have to know algorithms to use the internet.
But here I'm torn because part of me feels like this isn't a "real" story. That I should be writing about a bunch of young people in a squat fucking with demons as a twist on the superhero story. Finding themselves in alternate realities and that. But I guess I'm stuck with my soldier motif for reasons I don't quite understand.
Ah, bollocks to it. All I have to do is firm up the protagonists backstory, which I'm working on as a flashback, and his motivations for what he does.
How did he end up out of the army and in a detectives job?
What does he want from the job?
Too tired for this....
No comments:
Post a Comment