I have finished my second assignment. I have won another battle, even as the war is waged within and without, a war that cannot be won. I must keep going....
I find myself in a strange land, a land where the walls are animated by stranger dreams, walls that bubble and whisper, casting shadows that slither and crawl. A white lady inspects my work while I sleep.
Like a man who cheated death, I feel the shortness of time, a trepidation exacerbated by the fire that burns within me, by that Burning Question. This, they say, is called Joy.
I am half-mad with magick and drunken musings. My fingers curl in the fire. My seat is a chasm, the walls glitter with minerals that roll from disembodied tongues. My head sparkles; my head is a cave. It echoes with wormsounds.
Tonight I am possessed by a detective and a devil. Both vie for the page. I must keep going....
No comments:
Post a Comment