Monday, 14 December 2009

Yep, yep...thats it...just...there....aaahhh

Bearing in mind everything I've been studying about scene, character, motivation (ok, so I havn't studied motivation yet, but I can't animate a person without motivation) yadda yadda, rather than root through my notebook for drafts or notes or whatever, i thought FUCK THIS I'mma write sumting innit, and I did, and lo, it was good.

I feel like I've lost 50lbs.

Once again I've proved to myself that writing from the heart creates something better than following a formula. I wrote from the heart and the scene fit, the character fit, there was motivation in it, telling signs about his psychology, a history, backstory, all of it, right there, right on the page, all at once, without any need to cut and paste and give a damn about whether I was doing the right thing - FUCK YOU WORLD, i'm taking you by the balls and I'mma squeeze the juice from em.

Even the form, fits, or the shape, or whatever you want to call it - bloody terminology - the first sentence containing the word "imbroglio" and the rest of the piece flowing rather like this, with no full stops despite the guide lines to put one everytime you need to take a breathe, because, dammit, its an imbroglio and designed to leave you breathless, and i fucking enjoyed it and IT HIT THE FUCKING MARK.

Ah.

Better.

No comments:

Post a Comment