Monday, 7 December 2009

Log:2.2.1-3D4 Sense of Humour Failure

I rewrote it. Well, tidied it up. It became like beating my head against a brick wall. Rather than add more scenery, I moved the paragraph closer to the beginning to give a sense of place first off.

I think the principle "write what wants to be written, not what you think should be written" is a good one to have. It'll be more valuable, I think, to have feedback on what needs to be said than have a well-written piece that I won't use for anything.

And maybe I'm not sticking so strictly to the guidelines and simply creating a character and a scene because I know I can do that. Maybe I should do that. Maybe I should work on one of my character sketches and another scene and mix them together. Trouble is, I don't want to write about the same thing twice, so when I try to merge them they jar initially, and then become something completely different.

I think I will also modify my approach further than getting more sketches. I may take the approach of writing a novel, then when I create characters they will have that purpose, and the same with scenes. Now I'm tempted to write a synopsis - and that won't be in the course until second year.

I woke up with hair all over my pillow this morning. I'm pulling it all out, and certainly not approaching the blank page lightly.

Never mind one hour being too short, 24 hours is too short a day. I want to go back and rewrite "Amicus" as a ghost story, but I don't have the damn time. I've spent three days writing about this bloody funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment