Friday, 26 February 2010

Todays Joke

Doc: What does this "psychokinesis" mean?
Patient: It is the psychic ability to embody the shape of another creature
Doc: And can you do that?
Patient: Only in my mind

Badaboom! [crowd goes wild]

Dear Logoth that hangeth here in heevin, what say you to a pleasant evenin; i have, it's true, invoked thee Kallistic one, and now I fear I am something of an attraction to everyone, and more than a little narcassitic. Which I can't even spell - ah, well, i'll let my charm do the talking.

What have I done today? Well, I found an old mirror in the book shop, a little cracked around the edges, but the gilt was still good. I may take the frame home with me, hang it on the wall and draw cartoons inside of it - something sort of modern artish, but without the pretense. Whatever comes to mind, i'll just spill it.

Of course today was the day of the almighty tax return - death and taxes, two great measures - and whaddya ken, we are ahead again. Only by....hmm....10, no 12 days, which doesn't quite match the sixteen day roll around i had for polishing off this script, but it showed we made £25333.00 in the last three months, in part due to my own hard work - these things being my responsibility, ken - and I am just a little smmmmmmmug about the whole affair.

Yes, yes, it's hard to be up my own arse when I owe so much to those people who have my back. From time to time I try to show them I respect them, but that's a difficult thing to do, what with todays mixed media and general mentalness. There are several people out there who deserve a piece of this, but i guess i'll just have to keep it all in the cooler for a little while (something i am clearly not in the slightest bit good at).

A couple of books jumped out at me during todays foray into the storeroom - Omar Khayyams quatrains, and tiny wee book (a miniature) by the brothers grimm, a beautiful piece of art in itself. Two lost children in the woods following an owl, i could have eaten it right there and then, i tell ya. But instead, you know, i put it back. It may crop up again sometime in the future, who knows.

It seems also with all this spare time i am at liberty to roam around the internet following links. Psychopomps todays, to flesh out the work a little further. And a less than enjoyable perusal into the Lockerby bombing, which was infact what instigated my minor brawl with, you know, that guy. The one who spent £300 on my mothers phone. Salute this, bumbaclot [shows ass].

Oh my, times are a changing. I guess I'll spend the evening meditating. I should be eating, but perhaps i'm growing out of it.....i don't know. All i can really stomach is milk and eggs. This condition i'm in -- well, i'm just a puddle. With a little effort I can pour myself into 9-5, but apart from that - i'm phouked. Gone. My body is telling me that either it's about to die, or its..........i havn't the foggiest. Basically, it's liquid fire. In any case, i feel short on time. How best to refocus? This is my question today. How best to refocus?

L.O.V.


No comments:

Post a Comment