This afternoon I shall repair my blog, which finds itself scattered; update the dictionary and the links, mainly.
1. Hours with a thesaurus and internet-dart-board, really milling the words, -- compounding -- them into something beyond mere information - to extract an essence of dream. I ended up with 143 words after weeks of work.
2. I then wrote in the imagery. This was important because the monologue being of dream and detached, I -- my -- authorial voice needed to anchor them in material imagery. This produced 1200 words to back up those initial 143.
3. Mirrors: the monologue is echoed in the scenery, the character echoed in the language. Looking back over the log, particularly to my links, the images are not random. They are projections that become increasingly tuned. I'm milking them for all they've got. Voices are overlaid one atop the other, the narrator switches between masks, though the character is never off the page.
C.M.T.O. - i don't have the first idea of what it means to approach the page lightly. Pretty much any page I write I come to purposefully, and the more of a page it is the better. Letters, emails, notebooks, drafts; to boys, girls, teachers, friends.
16:38 Blog sorted. Words finished. 16 days ahead of schedule. Play time.
16.39 Lots of time for Regardie's body awareness exercise.
No comments:
Post a Comment